Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back in the days..

Man,this song brings back all those cali summers and all those cali days period.I miss those days SOOOO much.Carefree times when i didn't know about politics and all i worried about was playing outside and trying not to get sand in my hair.Going to the seaside childrens center.When i went to Marshall elementary,Manzanita elementary and Ord Terrace elementary.I remember fighting Eric Jacks when i found out he liked me.Yes i did it Jessica.lol.Wearing tri colors and high socks.Riding around for hours on my bike or roller blades,enjoying those rides in my stepmoms jeep listening to all the latest jams,"homie lover friend","one in a million","waterfalls","if you love me","no diggity","summertime","my boo".Going to see all my family at those infamous bbqs at laguna grande.Playing in the sprinklers in my one and 2 pieces.Going to the del monte skating rink and paddle boating near Dennis the menace park.Breaking down the butterfly and the tootsie roll because nobody could tell you nothing when you started.Those big nasty dookie braids and those crazy color adidas sweat suits and black power shirts and chains.Braids with hundreds of beads that weighed your head down and all the little white girls wanted to play with.Picture days where you practiced your smile for your parents before you went to school.Going to the monterey bay aquarium on fieldtrips.Knowing all the words to Friday,Dont be a menace,Boyz in the hood and Poetic justice and not letting mom know you knew all the words.lol.Watching My brother and me,gullah gullah island,darkwing duck,tale spin,in living color,living single,martin and all that.Playing at the park on judson st after watching the butlers play basketball in front of their house.The push cart ice cream man,and the infamous ice cream truck.Wanting to go to King middle school and be cool like Sarah,James,Marquita,Chantel,Rasheda,Cassie,Alexis,Deshawn,Michael,Shawanda,Brandon,Jojo,Nicole,Stacia,Kesha,Ej and all them.And wanting to be let in the boys and girls club.It used to be cracking back then.lol.And those sandwiches from Mels market and nations,and those pickles from food corner market.Senor Taco every sunday after church.The duck pond.When Fubu was hot and headbands and those tight cap with the swimming goggle glasses.Before we found out Tommy Hilfiger was a racist.Those swishy sweats that you had to wear something under because they were see through and when it rained you would get soaked.Those swishy jackets that you could zip into a pocket.The starter jackets.I had the steelers team.lol.Going to church all the time and enjoying it,remember when me and Maxine were on the praise team Daja?lol.Writing on my hand with those gel ink pens..i had the biggest crush on Deshawn Lee,who didn't back then though?Wanting to go to Seaside high and do all the "older kid" things.Walking down Broadway to Cork & bottle and getting 25cent now and laters.Loving going to the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk and the once a year Disneyland trips with my family from Seattle.The trips to san jose and redwood city to see my abuela,bis abuela,primos and tias.I need to get my pictures sent here from my dad!When there were 4 of us instead of just 3..Life was great back then,I remember way back when...back in the day,back in the day..

5 comments:

  1. OMG! this just hit home like fa real. i cant even point out anything specific because all of it was the best memories of my life..period!
    and man..muhammed used to make THE BEST sandwhiches at nations..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.feel me???i was just reminiscing..those good ol' days back home,before people started having kids and moving away and getting locked up.Before all of us were older..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dope post, I miss my old school days

    ReplyDelete
  4. why thank you JOFre$h & Bossmack

    ReplyDelete